January 22, 2011

Mustang Canyon Review

Mustang CanyonMustang Canyon by Jonathan London
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have had this book for about 5 years and I don't think I have read it or a student has chosen to read it (which is why I gave it a 3 not 4). I was without a chapter book so I choose this on Wednesday to read as our read aloud because a student in my class loves horses. I found out while reading that she already had the book!. I loved the illustrations and the calm colors that were used. The language the author used was actual horse terminology and we had to discuss what they meant (mare, stallion, foal, filly, colt, sorrel, paint, pinto). The kids understood the words with little redirecting by looking at the pictures and words around them. The really liked the story too. It may not be a hit with all of your students but mine loved it!

No comments: