January 12, 2011

Before I Fall

Before I FallBefore I Fall by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really thought this book was thought provoking and did like it but I just couldn't give it a higher mark.

I liked Sam's progression from the beginning to the end and while I didn't agree with her choices they made since for a teenager to make. The growth that Sam makes isn't too over the top and I soo wanted the book to end differently than it did but I understand why it ended that way. I really didn't care for any of the characters except for Kent who I thought was adorable. There was also an ICK factor for me in this book. This is the second book that I have read that has a teenager get into a relationship/encounter with a teacher. While realistically this does happen I just don't like to see it or read it in books. The other book a House of Night book stopped me from reading the rest of the series. I am not a prude I read a wide selection of books but being a teacher it is just a hot button for me.

For parents there is mature subject matter that middle and high school students would normally have access to so please be aware for younger readers.

View all my reviews

No comments: